• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to Cloudy Serve Community

What Did Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot Know About Allegations? Here's His Unsatisfying Answer

This is the go to board for gamers
Alexa [Bot]

What Did Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot Know About Allegations? Here's His Unsatisfying Answer

Postby Alexa [Bot] » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Recent allegations of a toxic workplace environment at Ubisoft have dominated headlines, so the company's corporate earnings call was sure to have the stories looming over the proceedings. And while CEO Yves Guillemot and other executives addressed the allegations, those answers left a lot to be desired.Before the call began, Ubisoft said in its earnings statement that it would be proactively tying management bonuses to creating "a positive and inclusive workplace environment." When executives were asked direct questions during the Q&A period, though, the answers were less satisfying. The longest answer came from CEO Yves Guillemot, in response to a pointed question about his own responsibility and awareness of the problem. The questioner suggested he didn't know, he did know and did nothing, or he had been alerted but didn't act fast enough--none of them positive possibilities."Each time we have been made aware of misconduct, we made actually tough decisions and made sure that those decisions had a clear and positive impact, so that's very important," Guillemot said. "It has now become clear that certain individuals betrayed the trust I placed in them and didn't live up to Ubisoft's shared values. So I have never compromised on my core values and ethics, and never will. I will continue to run and transform Ubisoft to face today's and tomorrow's challenges."Continue Reading at GameSpot

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/what- ... 01-10abi2f

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links